ResidentialKeep The Home You Love
Worried about keeping up on mortgage payments as deferment programs draw to a close? We can help.
We have special programs available for those who need assistance making house payments.
We Promote and Sustain Home Ownership
SNAP Financial Access is your local non-profit neighborhood partner. Our experienced staff will help you explore your financial options and determine the best course of action on your road to home ownership and financial stability.
Mortgage Payment Relief
Have your expenses increased due to medical bills, divorce, or an increase in your mortgage interest rate? Maybe you’re trying to get by with less because your hours were cut or your business is struggling. If this sounds like your situation, it’s important to be proactive! Get on the right path to real help and real answers – right now.
Mortgage Default Counseling
Helps homeowners determine what options may be available to remedy default and avoid foreclosure. Counselors assist households by arranging repayment plans with their lender and by providing information and referral to other resources.
Foreclosure Prevention Program
Foreclosure is not a foregone conclusion. Even if you have exhausted all other forms of assistance for retaining your home, including but not limited to refinance and loan modification, SNAP Financial Access offers foreclosure prevention loans for qualifying homeowners.
Foreclosure Prevention Loan Qualifications
Property must be occupied by the owner, and the home must be their primary residence. Qualified applicants. SNAP must hold a first lien position. Loan amount must be at least $3,000. Loan requires equity in the property; loan amount shall not exceed 80% of property value. Credit history review is required. Applicants must have the ability to repay the loan.
Counseling and classes are free of charge and open to everyone.
The goal of the Housing Counseling Program is to promote and sustain home ownership. The SNAP Housing Counseling Program has been approved by HUD since 1988 to assist households with the challenges of buying and keeping a home.
Sign Up for a Home Ownership Workshop
Want to sign up for Home Buyer Education? Send a registration request to Galina and she will help you sign up!
Counselor Meeting Request
If you’ve completed the Home Buyer Education class and you want to make an appointment with a counselor, submit this form and we will reply to schedule a meeting.
Pre-Purchase Counseling and Education
This program helps households identify and overcome barriers to home ownership. Counselors provide information about a variety of special loan programs. Home Buyer Education classes are also available.
Down Payment Assistance Loan Program
Pre-Purchase Counseling and Homebuyer’s Education Seminars will discuss a number of down payment assistance programs that are available to home buyers and identify how much you may be eligible for (subject to mortgage loan program criteria and specific income restrictions).
Home Repair Funding
Are you purchasing a home that needs some work but can’t afford it? SNAP offers Home Repair funding!
Why Should You Consider Home Mortgage Loan Support from SNAP?
Contact a Loan Specialist
- We will connect you with a highly qualified counselor and explore the options that are best for you.
- If you are considering debt consolidation or planning home renovations, come talk to us and see what options are available to you.
- Protect yourself from rising interest rates. Predictable monthly payments that stay the same for the selected term.
- We offer comprehensive financial services alongside mortgage loan preparation.
If you’re finding that you’re unable to make your mortgage payments with us and are looking for ways to keep your home or avoid foreclosure, give us the chance to help.
Mortgage Assistance Options
There are several options available that you may be eligible for, including:
- Refinancing your mortgage to extend the repayment period and/or reduce the interest rate to lower your monthly payments.
- Modification of your current mortgage to make your payments more affordable.
- Surrendering your deed to us voluntarily.
- A special forbearance from SNAP Financial Access based on your current
- Selling your home to repay your mortgage in full. If your home's value is less than your outstanding loan balance, we may be willing to accept the amount of your home sale as full payment. This is known as a short sale.
To explore these options, give our Mortgage Department a call at 509-456-7627. Please be sure to have the following documents ready to help us evaluate your eligibility:
The above information is posted in accordance with RCW 61.24.031(5)(e)