Financial EmpowermentClasses, counseling, and resources to reach your financial goals
Get help from our in-house Financial Counselor
The world of personal finance is full of complex questions. Our financial empowerment workshops help reveal the answers as you learn to understand money, debt, and credit more than ever before.
Learn and grow with our live workshops:
- Give Yourself a Raise – savvy money management skills.
- Navigating Your Credit World – learn the key factors of credit and how it affects your financial well-being.
- Decisive Credit Building – advanced workshop to build your credit score.
- D.R.A.I.N: Dispute, Refute, Authenticate, Investigate, and Negotiate your bad debt. Learn how to deal with collectors.
- Student Loan Repayment Chutes and Ladders: explore your repayment and forgiveness options.
- One-on-one Financial Empowerment Counseling is available after taking one of our workshops. See the chart below to learn more.
- Second Chance Banking: There’s still hope to rebuild your finances if you have lost banking privileges. We can work with you to help restore the services you need.
Check out this matrix to quickly understand how our financial empowerment workshops differ from a credit repair agency.
Please note that we are currently running a special promotion: if you register for Decisive Credit Building, DRAIN, and Student Loan Repayment, all three workshops together will cost only $25!
Jay MacPherson, Financial Counselor
MacPherson@snapwa.org | (509) 319-3016
Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Thursday 10:30 am to 4:30 pm
Evening & Weekend consultations available by appointment
Resources for so many things all under one roof…
What We Do
Our name might be the Women’s Business Center but we are open and here to serve all. Let’s work together to reach your goals.
Small Business Loans
Connect people with the right funding and resource for their business.
Classes and Training
We offer a variety of affordable and free classes to support our community.
Training opportunities on many topics
News and Training Updates
When is it? Always available as an "on-demand" workshop! Learn at your own pace. How long is the workshop? The videos total about 1 hour in all, but...
**FREE FOR IMPACTED BUSINESSES during COVID-19, Please contact us for a coupon at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com ** Learn how to use...
Workshop facilitated by Deborah Dickerson, MBA, PMPThis workshop consists of two separate workshops with two classes each for a total of 4 classes....