8(a) Business Development Program Overview: Are You 8(a) Ready?
April 12 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Have you been in business for at least two years? Are you ready to grow your small business? Are you interested in contracting opportunities with the Federal government?
The federal government aims to award 13 percent of all federal contracting dollars (15% by 2025) to certified small, disadvantaged businesses.
You may be wondering, what are the benefits of 8(a) certification? By getting certified as an 8(a) small business, you may compete and receive set-aside and sole-source federal contracts, receive one-on-one business development assistance, connect with procurement and compliance experts who understand regulations, and much more.
We invite you to discover the “nuts & bolts” of SBA’s 8(a) Business Development (BD) Program through this Training Series. We provide you the tools that you need to expand your business’s Federal footprint with the 8(a) BD program.
Series One (April 12, 2023): What is the 8(a) Business Development Program and Am I Eligible?
This webinar is for anyone who is interested in the 8(a) Business Development Program. Attendees will learn about the program, program qualifications, and program benefits. Topics and speakers to include:
- Overview of 8(a) Business Development Program (SBA)
- Firsthand experience with the 8(a) BD Program (program graduate)
- How agency contracting officers utilize the 8(a) BD program
- Available resources from the Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
Following this webinar, attendees will be encouraged to attend a follow up session based on their level of readiness: Registration for Series 2 and 3 will be open to Series 1 attendees following the event.
Series 2 (April 19, 2023): How to Become and Eligible 8(a) and DBE Applicant
- This webinar will assist business that do not meet the eligibility requirements for the 8(a) BD program yet.
Series 3 (April 20, 2023): Next Steps for Eligible 8(a) Applicants
- This webinar will assist businesses that meet all the eligibility requirements to apply for the 8(a) BD program.
The first session will be open to all. Participation for the second and third series are targeted training based on your business’s level of 8(a) readiness. However, attendees are welcome to attend all three sessions.